Poetry and Blogger’s Self-Help Guide Top Barnes & Noble’s 2017 Bestseller Lists
Barnes & Noble Announces the Highest-Selling Books of 2017 in Fiction, Nonfiction, Teen, and Kid Titles
New York, NY — December 18, 2017 — Milk & Honey, a book of Poetry and prose addressing survival and love, sits alongside a blogger’s guide to finding happiness by ditching “positivity” in rankings of the highest-selling books in 2017 for Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS).
“It’s hard to imagine two more aesthetically different books at the top of our fiction and nonfiction bestseller lists for the year,” said Liz Harwell, Director of Merchandise. “But in some ways, both books are addressing a core issue for many of us: how to live good, satisfying lives.”
The titles, released today by the world’s largest retail bookseller, represent purchases made across Barnes & Noble’s more than 600 stores and online this year through mid-December.
“We are glad to see a wide range of new and reissued titles in our lists this year,” Harwell said. “As always, popular shows and movies drove some books to the top of our lists, including The Handmaid’s Tale and the children’s title Wonder. Meanwhile, classics 1984 and To Kill a Mockingbird were popular again this year, showing the lasting power of good books.”
See the full lists below:
- Milk and Honey, Rupi Kaur
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood
- The Woman in Cabin 10, Ruth Ware
- 1984, George Orwell
- Origin, Dan Brown
- A Man Called Ove, Fredrik Backman
- Camino Island, John Grisham
- The Alchemist (25th Anniversary Edition), Paulo Coelho
- It: A Novel, Stephen King
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life, Mark Manson
- Aspophysics for People in a Hurry, Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, J. D. Vance
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, Jen Sincero
- What Happened, Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World, William H. McRaven
- 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts, Gary Chapman
- Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls
- Night, Elie Wiesel
- Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race, Margot Lee Shetterly
- Everything, Everything, Nicola Yoon
- Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher
- Turtles All the Way Down, John Green
- The Hate U Give, Angie Thomas
- The Outsiders, S.E. Hinton
- Before I Fall, Lauren Oliver
- The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
- One of Us Is Lying, Karen M. McManus
- This Is Where It Ends, Marieke Nijkamp
- Red Queen (Book #1), Victoria Aveyard
- Wonder, R. J. Palacio
- A Loud Winter’s Nap, Katy Hudson
- What Do You Do With a Problem?, Kobi Yamada
- Getaway (Dairy of a Wimpy Kid Series #12), Jeff Kinney
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go!, Dr. Seuss
- The Rainbow Fish, Marcus Pfister
- How to Catch a Monster, Adam Wallace
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts One & Two, J.K. Rowling
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be, Emily Winfield Martin
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book #1), Rick Riordan
Titles above include in-store and online sales from January 1 through Dec. 13, 2017. More bestseller lists can be found at barnesandnoble.com/b/books.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 632 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® pts and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4.5 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company’s corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are pademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are pademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.