How do I get someone to critique my writing? I want to know if my stuff is readable.
Text from the three-minute video:
A good critique should assess these elements in your work:
- Hook (How well have you hooked/engaged the reader in the first five pages)
- Conflict (is the conflict sufficient)
- Characterization (Are the characters likable, authentic?)
- Dialogue (Is the dialogue natural?)
- Point of view (Do you understand how to handle point of view?)
- Pacing (Are your plot points well placed to keep the reader engaged?)
- Showing vs telling (Do you avoid telling or information dumping?)
- Concept/theme/plot (Are the concept and plot strong and marketable)
These are some of the elements we consider in our mini critiques.
Get a critique quote on your work. Go to authorlink.com and select Services, Edit.