It’s about that time again! The 34th annual Excellence in Financial Journalism Awards (EFJ) — honoring the best in business news journalism — is calling for submissions.
Broadcast, print, radio and online news organizations and reporters can submit financial news stories that were published, posted or aired between Jan. 1, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2016. Business book authors and publishers can also enter the national contest.
The Excellence in Financial Journalism Awards is sponsored by the New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA) and are judged by a select panel of NYSSCPA members.
Awards will be given in 9 categories:
- Audio – Exemplary coverage of a business, financial, or economic news story using radio, podcasts, or other online audio formats.
- Book – For distinguished book writing featuring business, economic, or financial subject matter.
- Enterprise – In recognition of an exemplary business, economic, or financial story in any medium featuring in-depth research, journalistic initiative, reporting and creativity.
- General Reporting – Exemplary coverage of a business, financial or economic news beat in a newspaper, magazine or online format.
- Infographic – For outstanding graphic representation of information, data, or knowledge presenting complex financial information in a clear, concise, visual format to enhance a story narrative.
- Local – Exemplary business reporting by a newspaper, magazine, television or radio station, or website focused around a geographic area whose primary audience are the residents in that area.
- Opinion – For distinguished commentary, including editorials, columns, blogs, podcasts or video, on business, economic or financial topics.
- Public Service – For laudatory reporting on a business, financial, or economic topic that will be judged on the impact on the public and the degree to which it benefited the public good. Each entry may include up to five stories, and must be accompanied by a description by the reporter or editor detailing this impact.
- Video – Exemplary coverage of a business, financial, or economic news story in a television, live stream, or other video format.
Past entries and winners include journalists from Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, CNBC, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Financial Times, The Street, and Fortune.
All entries must be received by 12 a.m., March 15, 2017. Entry fees are $75 for the first submission and $50 for each subsequent entry. The 2017 EFJ Awards luncheon will be held in June in New York City. Go to efjawards.com for more information, additional rules and to enter the contest.
For all other inquiries, please contact NYSSCPA Public Relations Associate, Maya Lindsay at 212.719.8350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org