Applications for the 2015 Oregon Literary Fellowships are due Friday, June 24, 2014. Fellowships are awarded in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama and young readers literature. Fellowships are also offered for independent publishers. There is no charge to apply.
Fellowship applications can be found online at: http://www.literary-arts.org/what-we-do/oba-home/fellowships/fellowships/ or by contacting Susan Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may be mailed via US mail or hand delivered to the Literary Arts office at 925 SW Washington.
Writers in the early stages of their career are encouraged to apply. Fellowships are also awarded to support Oregon’s independent publishers and small presses that demonstrate a commitment to literary publishing.
Eligibility Requirements for Writers
- Recipients must be current, full-time Oregon residents, both at the time of application and at receipt of award.
- Those who have received an Oregon Literary Fellowship in the last five years are ineligible. One application per person per year will be accepted.
- Female applicants may choose to be considered for the Women Writers Fellowship (addendum to application required). These applicants may receive one or the other, but not both fellowships.
- For writers fellowships, work authored by more than one person is ineligible.
- Current Literary Arts staff, trustees or advisory committee members are precluded from consideration; Applications by former Literary Arts staff, trustees or committee members may be considered, provided that the staff, trustee or committee member resigned from their position at Literary Arts at least six months before the earliest submission date. Eligibility Requirements for Presses
- The press or magazine must have its business office(s) in Oregon.
- Online magazines are eligible, but the magazine must be printed out and viewable in hard copies.
- It may not have received a Literary Arts grant in the last two years.
- Current Literary Arts staff, trustees or advisory committee members are precluded from consideration; Applications by former Literary Arts staff, trustees or committee members may be considered, provided that the staff, trustee or committee member resigned from their position at Literary Arts at least six months before the earliest submission date.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of out-of-state judges, except for young readers literature and drama, which each have a single judge. The main criterion will be literary merit. It is up to the applicant to decide which genre to submit their work in.
Please contact Susan Denning, email@example.com, or 503.227.2583 ex. 107 with questions.
Oregonians are passionate about books. And ideas, and great writing. Literary Arts shares this passion. Our mission is to engage readers, support writers and inspire the next generation with great literature. The programs of Literary Arts include: Writers in the Schools, Oregon Book Awards & Fellowships, Portland Arts & Lectures and Delve: Readers’ Seminars.
For more information about the programs of Literary Arts please contact us at 503.227.2583 or visit Literary-Arts.org.
Categorised in: News
This post was written by admin