Simon & Schuster is pleased to announce a full array of activities planned in support of the American Library Association’s Banned Books Week. The roster includes:
– A Facebook Live event with author Ellen Hopkins and a video from Brendan Kiely, supporting the freedom to read
– A Banned Books Week video available on the S&S YouTube Channel, available to watch here.
– A S&S Banned Books Week webpage featuring a live Twitter feed, a full list of Simon & Schuster titles that have been banned or challenged over the years and featuring quotes from authors such as Jeannette Walls, Dan Slater and Judy Blume
– A contest to win a free Banned Books collection by entering online at http://simonandschusterpublishing.com/educationlibrarysweeps/
– A consumer targeted email featuring some of the publishers’ most popular Banned Books
– Banned Books Week features in the popular Off the Shelf newsletter and website
– A Banned Books Week online digital catalog
– A sharable Banned Books Week email signature
“Simon & Schuster is proud to participate in Banned Books Week, each year and every year, to spread the important message of having the freedom to read whatever you choose.” said Michelle Leo, Vice President, Director of Education and Library Marketing. “It is essential for children of all ages to have the opportunity to read and be exposed to a wide variety of books, including the controversial ones.”
Numerous titles published by Simon & Schuster imprints have been banned or challenged over the years. Simon & Schuster looks forward to joining with librarians, booksellers, advocacy groups and other publishers to promote free reading everywhere during this year’s Banned Books week on September 24-30.
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world’s most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Touchstone, Adams Media, Threshold Editions, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com
Categorised in: News
This post was written by admin