New York, NY/May 14, 2013 –- NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today launched its updated NOOK for iOS app, making the most incredible reading experience for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch® even better. New to the iOS app, customers can now download and read any of the more than 8,000 comics and graphic novels available in the expansive ebok store , with full support for the spectacular Zoom View feature. Zoom View enables readers to automatically focus in on individual panels in graphic novels and comics, allowing them to fully enjoy the stunning artwork and compelling storytelling that brings this genre to life.
To celebrate the arrival of the iOS app, customers can receive a free DC Comics 2013 Superman Sampler, which includes excerpts from Superman: Last Son of Krypton, Superman: For Tomorrow, Superman: Earth One, and Justice League Volume 1: Origin. The free Superman sampler will be provided to customers that download the updated iOS app and set up a new NOOK account at nook.com/account, and is available for a limited-time only. Visit NOOK.com for more details.
“With our free, updated NOOK for iOS application, we’re delivering to customers with iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch a great optimized reading experience, now with access to NOOK Comics, one of the leading collections of digital comics and graphic novels available,” said Jamie Iannone, President of Digital Products at NOOK Media LLC. “Using their iOS device, customers can enjoy NOOK’s collection of more than 3 million digital books, magazines and newspapers, as well comics and graphic novels with the stunning Zoom View feature.”
The retail store offers a vast and growing collection of full-color comics and graphic novels in stunning high resolution from top publishers, like DC Entertainment, Marvel, IDW and Dark Horse, the world’s greatest superheroes and their most acclaimed stories; and most powerful graphic novels can be found at NOOK.com, Most top graphic novels are also available in print format at the nearly 700 Barnes & Noble retail locations nationwide.
More exciting updates for the NOOK for iOS app include:
- Animated page turns for NOOK Books™.
- Ability to enlarge book illustrations for detailed imagery.
- Improved organization for NOOK Newsstand™ periodicals in customers’ libraries.
- Updated improvements to PagePerfect/PDF titles for easier viewing.
The NOOK for iOS app not only provides access to the leading collection of digital graphic novels, but also offers access to a growing and diverse digital catalog on the expansive, featuring:
- More than 3 million books, including 1 million free books, from bestsellers to new releases, classics and more.
- The largest digital collection of the top 100 bestselling magazines available for digital subscriptions and single copy sale, plus a large selection of leading daily and weekly newspapers.
- Free samples of books and 14-day free trial subscriptions of newspapers and magazines.
- ArticleView™ for magazines, which helps readers focus on an article and quickly move between articles.
- The ability to sync the last page read across NOOK devices and apps so you don’t lose your place.
- Adjustable fonts, spacing and themes for a customized reading experience.
- Like all free NOOK Reading Apps™, safe storage of all purchased content through the NOOK Cloud™, making it easy for customers to access digital books, magazines and more wherever they go on their connected devices.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 677 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through its store (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 678 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).