The 2014 Hollywood Book Festival has issued a call for entries to its ninth annual awards celebrating books that deserve greater recognition from the film, television, game and multimedia communities.
The 2014 Hollywood Book Festival will consider published, self-published and independent publisher non-fiction, fiction, children's books, young adult, how-to, spiritual, wild card (anything goes!), unpublished stories, screenplays, genre-based works, science fiction, biographical/autobiographical, sequels, business and history works. This is a story-oriented competition and there is no date of publication restriction.
A panel of entertainment and publishing industry judges will determine the winners based on the following criteria:
1) The story-telling ability of the author;
2) The potential of the work to be translated into other forms of media
All entries must be in English. Our grand prize for the 2014 Hollywood Book Festival Author of the Year is a $1500 appearance fee and a flight to Hollywood, CA for our gala awards ceremony in July, 2014.
ENTRIES: Multiple entries must be accompanied by a separate fee for each book.
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The Hollywood Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
1) Hollywood Book Festival Author of the Year Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
2) Hollywood Book Festival Design of the Year Honors outstanding and innovative design.
3) Hollywood Book Festival Publisher of the Year Honors the top publisher based on potential to develop future works suitable for transformation into other media.
FESTIVAL RULES: Hollywood Book Festival submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
TO ENTER: Entry forms are available online at www.hollywoodbookfestival.com or may be faxed/e-mailed to you by emailing HollywoodBKFest@aol.com. Multiple submissions are permitted but each entry must be accompanied by a separate form and entry fee.