MAIN NEWS HEADLINES
Oct 11 – Oct 17, 2010 Edition Barnes & Noble.com Launches B&N Kids’ Expert Circle
New York, NY/Authorlink News/October 11, 2010–Barnes & Noble, Inc. today announced the launch of the B&N Kids’ Expert Circle on Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com/expertcircle). In keeping with the goal of serving as a trusted resource for parents and educators, Barnes & Noble is partnering with experts in the fields of literacy, arts and education, child development and pediatric medicine, who will share advice and parenting tips and offer book and toy suggestions on B&N Kids.
The Kids’ Expert Circle pages will feature information covering the three main areas of “Milestones & Stages,” “Learning & Development,” and “Tips & Parenting.” Within each of these areas, experts will dive deeper into the subject writing articles on topics such as “Heading Home with Your Newborn,” “Becoming a Sibling,” “Starting School,” “10 Activity Ideas That Incorporate Music and Arts,” “Making Friends,” and “School and Homework Help.” The program launches with more than 25 different articles and new articles will appear every month.
Barnes & Noble stores will have B&N Kids’ Expert Circle in-store displays that highlight the titles recommended by the experts.
“The Barnes & Noble brand has always been about learning and education,” said John Foley, president of e-commerce at Barnes & Noble.com. “We are very excited to partner with such an exceptional group of professionals to provide parenting advice, and provide the kinds of tips, insights, and product picks that every parent like myself is always looking to find.”
“Barnes & Noble has long been a supporter of children’s literacy and education, and it makes sense that they would partner with educators and experts to provide parents with advice on a wide variety of subjects,” said Susan Neuman, Ed.D., one of the experts participating in the Kids’ Expert Circle. “I am very pleased to be a part of Expert Circle and especially to share my work with a wide audience.”
Award-winning pediatrician Jennifer Shu, M.D., said; “I am thrilled to be part of this exciting program at Barnes & Noble. More than anything, parents and caregivers want advice and content that they can trust, but they often don’t know where to go to find it. The Barnes & Noble Kids’ Expert Circle is a great way for parents to find that trusted advice on everything from dealing with temper tantrums and potty training to encouraging a love of reading and the arts.”
“Parenting is a tough job and as a pediatrician I know that today’s parents are super committed to their children, but they often need a little extra common-sense advice to guide them,” said baby expert Harvey Karp, M.D. “That’s why I am happy to be an advisor to Barnes & Noble, a trusted name in education, to help them provide young families with practical advice to turn their questions into knowledge and struggles into success.”
The Kids’ Expert Circle includes:
– Becky A. Bailey, Ph.D, is an award-winning author, renowned teacher and internationally recognized expert in childhood education and developmental psychology. The author of 12 books, Dr. Bailey is the founder of Loving Guidance, Inc., a company dedicated to creating positive environments for children, families, schools and businesses. – Leigh A. Bortins is an author, radio host and the founder and CEO of Classical Conversations, Inc. Bortins lectures about the importance of home education nationwide.
– Ellen Booth Church is an educational consultant, curriculum and product developer and writer dedicated to enriching the lives of young children and their families. In addition, Church is a columnist for Parent and Child magazine. – Harvey Karp, M.D., is one of the world’s top baby experts and America’s most-read pediatrician. Dr. Karp is the creator of the breakthrough DVDs and books The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block. His methods for calming crying babies have been featured many times in national media.
– Jen Klein is a contributor to SheKnows.com, author of SheKnows.com Presents The Mommy Files: Secrets Every New Mom Should Know (That No One Else Will Tell You), a technical writer and the mother of three children.
– MaryAnn F. Kohl is an award-winning author, publisher and educational consultant. Kohl is the author of over 20 books on topics of art for children, their parents, teachers and care providers. Kohl also hosts workshops on teaching art to children and using art as a tool to promote children’s self esteem. Kohl is the founder of Bright Ring Publishing, Inc.
– Laura Walther Nathanson, M.D., F.A.A.P., is an award-winning author and pediatrician. Dr. Nathanson has written monthly columns for Parents Magazine and served as contributing editor to Healthy Kids, a publication of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She is consistently named by her peers as one of the “Best Doctors in America.”
– Jane Nelsen, Ed.D., is an author and licensed marriage and family therapist. Dr. Nelsen is a popular keynote speaker and workshop leader who has appeared on numerous radio and TV shows and is frequently quoted in parenting magazines.
– Susan Neuman, Ed.D., is an educational studies professor and former U.S. Assistant Secretary for Elementary and Secondary Education. Dr. Neuman has written over 100 articles and 11 books regarding early childhood policy, curriculum and early reading instruction.
– Thomas W. Phelan, Ph.D., is the author of numerous books, DVDs and CDs and a registered clinical psychologist who has worked with children, adults and families for over 30 years. Dr. Phelan is a frequent guest on radio and television and his articles appear in numerous regional and national publications.
– Jean Potter is an award-winning author and the former Assistant Secretary of Elementary and Secondary Education for the U.S. Department of Education. Potter was also the Deputy Assistant Secretary in the U.S. Department of Education. Potter was a member of the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars.
– Jennifer Shu, M.D., F.A.A.P., is an award-winning pediatrician. Dr. Shu is a frequent guest on national television, the medical editor in chief of HealthyChildren.org, the Living Well expert for CNN.com, a contributor to WebMD.com and a member of the Parents Magazine advisory board.
– Jackie Silberg is an award-winning author and early childhood advocate in brain and literacy development for young children and developmental games using music. Silberg wrote and produced a television show to address children’s needs and interests and consulted with the Discovery Channel to set up their music streaming website.
ABOUT BARNES & NOBLE, INC.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and a Fortune 500 company, operates 717 bookstores in 50 states. Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, also operates 633 college bookstores serving nearly 4 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
Categorised in: News
This post was written by admin